- 12 small Indian Eggplants (Baby baingan)
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 green chill
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp dry mango powder or chaat powder
- 1 tsp turmeric/Haldi powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash and split the eggplants into four parts, while keeping them together. You can keep the stalk or remove it.
- Roughly chop the onions add it to the blender.
- For the stuffing blend the onion with chilli, ginger, garlic, and all masalas to a smooth paste.
- Fill the split eggplants with 3/4th of the paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add the eggplants in the oil and cover till cooked, keep turnign the eggplant and cook well from all sides.
- Once all sides are cooked, add the remaining paste and cook for another 10 mins on a low flame.
- Finish with chopped cilantro.